Can the Colorado Rockies win the N.L. West with 90 victories?

Kiz: Woke up, rubbed the sleep from my eyes and checked how the Rockies actually won a game with only three hits, by reading all the details online (only 99 cents for the first month). Then, between sips of coffee, I muttered: How in the world could this scuffling Colorado team be anywhere near first place at this point in the season? I guess the Dodgers ain’t what they used to be. Could a humble 90-72 record be good enough for the Rockies to win the first division title in their history?


Saunders: Kiz, as I quite vividly recall, you picked the Rox to win 92 games, so you are actually dissing this mighty juggernaut.  I, on the other hand, picked the LoDo Boys to win 89 games. Given the state of the division, those 89 wins just might be enough for the Rockies to wear their first division crown. It’s a weird year. I mean, DBacks slumping first baseman Paul Goldschmidt is slashing .140/.321/.209 — at home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In search of the elusive dignity – The Denver Post

A Tale of Two Lawyers – The Denver Post

Chad Kelly, Denver Broncos quarterback, to challenge for backup job